Today is the big day for us, Optyn, and for me. I will be presenting Optyn to about 400 investors, entrepreneurs and startup enthusiasts today at #gener8torlaunch. In hindsight, I would like to share the experience of the best 3 months I’ve ever had as an entrepreneur and as a startup team.
Here’s why the last 3 months were the best most useful time we spent working and building our business:
- It was intense. It was hard. It was a lot of work. The hardest I’ve ever worked and for the people that know me, I do work hard (most of the time). But it was awesome. It was fun. It was enjoyable. It was everything you would want in a 3 month accelerator program.
- Their network is unbelievable. In our Optyn Blog, we mentioned it here but I will reiterate. The network is extensive. Yes, it’s Wisconsin and the Midwest but that is the best part. You don’t have to compete against millions of startups such as in California, and you truly get the personal touch and excitement of nice people willing to help (investors, enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, and others).
- You want to pitch your startup? No problemo. We pitched over 50 investors which were angels, angel groups, vc funds, and some pretty big names across the country. If you want the exposure they will give it to you.
- The “customer service” was unbelievable. I say customer service because gener8tor truly considers us as customers, not their investment portfolio. And that means the world to me and our team because we can be open and we can ask for things without getting the “Why?” If you need their help in any way, they will do anything they can to make it happen.
- Perfect example is that we wanted introductions to ex-executives in the space to help us validate our assumptions around the problem we are solving. Troy spend his Sunday night sending out emails and introducing me to over 10 ex-executives. These are the people who we needed to talk to and he made it happen.
- Joel spent a lot of time with Lou (Optyn’s COO) calling up customers and ask them if they could help validate the problem and the solution. Priceless.
- Jon made sure to introduce me to some of the brightest people I’ve ever spoken to and pick their brain. He was relentless in finding the best people I should be talking to…like Brian Wiegand, Paul Jadin, Michael Baum, and many others.
- Joe spent days and nights perfecting my pitch. Anytime, we needed them, they were there and many other countless occasions.
I could go on. The reality is that without gener8tor, we would not be where we are today. We would not be on the path of raising a good round. We would not be on the path of having a few good partnerships in place (EatStreet, Huterra, etc). We would just not be as far along without them.
Therefore, a huge thank you to the entire team from me and my team. We couldn’t have gotten to this point without you and you are part of this business and our story…forever.
Alen and the Optyn Team (Lou, Gaurav, and Amer)